Car insurance is mandatory in every state. You might ask yourself if at all there is any need for such insurance. Why take a policy when you can pay for repairs in the event your car is damaged? If you hit a pedestrian, can’t you take him or her to hospital and settle the bill? It is more complicated than the answers to these questions. In the first place, the government set this requirement in the interest of the public.
Without an adequate car insurance Los Angeles cover, you may be unable to meet the repair cost. Medical care is quite expensive. An average motorist may find the burden of settling hospital bills too much to bear. Auto insurance is therefore necessary to instill discipline and create a level playing field among all citizens. Not many people understand how car insurance works yet they pay their premiums without fail. Here’s a brief outlook on the subject.
* The main aim of a car insurance cover is to put you back to your previous state before you got involved in an accident. Say for instance your vehicle’s fender is partially damaged your insurance should pay for its repair. If you accidentally hit and injure a pedestrian, the same cover takes care of the medical costs. Generally, insurance is not meant to make you gain but enjoy the benefits.
* There are different types of cover you can buy on a car insurance Los Angeles policy. Some of these include towing, rental, personal injury, comprehensive, collision and liability.
* A rental policy covers rental cars while towing is for trucks that render towing services. Personal injury pays for hospital costs incurred by people who were injured in an accident. These people must have been in the vehicle at the time of the incident. Comprehensive insurance caters for any damages on a vehicle resulting from causes other than collision. Liability policies pay for the damages caused to other vehicles.
* Car insurance has its limitations. These are also known as exclusions. Where they exist, you have to pay for them from your own pocket. When taking the insurance cover, exclusions are some of the things you should know. Some people say that exclusions are usually indicated in fine print. It is your overall duty to know what they are. Otherwise, it will be at your own peril to learn that an insurance company will not honor a certain claim simply because it is categorized as exclusion.
* Other than these limitations, automobile insurance works in an effective way. Now you know why it is mandatory to have a cover. It protects you and others from expenditure that arises as a result of an accident. Generally, the whole citizenry is protected.