The St. Kitts Economic Citizenship is the oldest program of citizenship by investment in the entire world, originally established in 1984. This is also the fastest growing immigrant investor program that offers a second passport and also citizenship through the naturalization process.
St. Kitts and Nevis are the two islands that make up The Federation of Saint Christopher and Nevis, located in the Easter Caribbean Basin. The Federation gained its independence from the UK in 1982 and today is considered a democratic state. Due to the hospitality and genuine atmosphere, this is an extremely popular travel destination.
When you have acquired a St Kitts and Nevis passport, you will be able to travel, without the need for a visa, to over 130 different countries. It is also one of the only Caribbean countries that have been provided with travel to the Schengen states visa free.
One of the biggest benefits that are offered by the Economic Citizenship program in St Kitts is the physical exemption of the investor during the actual application process. Additionally, there is no need for an interview to accomplish the legal procedure to be granted citizenship.
Some of the specific benefits offered by economic citizenship include:
* You will receive your passport within six months of filing your application.
* You will receive a valid passport for the primary applicant, as well as any eligible family members.
* No management experience, education or interview necessary for citizenship.
* You do not have to travel to St Kitts at any time during the application process.
* St Kitts will recognize dual citizenship, which means that you do not have to renounce your other citizenship.
* Ability to travel without the use of a visa to hundreds of other countries, which include Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Canada, Switzerland, Schengen and the UK.
* When you become an actual citizen of St Kitts you will be able to easily obtain the status of resident in any state that is a member of CARICOM.
* The law states that you do not have to reside inside the country, unless you decide you want to.
* You can receive tax free status on all inheritance tax, wealth, gifts, capital gains and foreign income.
When you understand the benefits offered by economic citizenship, you will likely see how it may benefit you to begin the application process. It is a good idea to seek legal counsel for this process to ensure it goes as smoothly as possible.